Vaginal white discharge is popularly considered as a reaction of the organism which is known for its cleaning and protective function. Women with active hormones do not suffer from the related vaginal health issues, which happens to be a normal fact. White vaginal discharge might be accompanied by a number of other symptoms which mainly becomes a sign for the development of the infections in the different organs. There are a number of such symptoms which can be elucidated as under:
- Thickening of the secretion
- Change in the colour and smell
- Stomach pain
- Pain during intercourse
- Pain during urination
- Dark urine or occurrence of blood in it
- Fever, fatigue, etc.
Therefore, it might be stated that the causes of the anomalies in vaginal white discharge are many and it varies from women to women.
The vaginal white discharge can also be caused even for a disorder of the vaginal micro flora and in this case, the condition is popularly known as bacterial vaginosis. At times the vaginal secretion can also be changed due to the use of certain soaps. This mainly happens in case of the prolonged use of soaps that are highly acidic and aggressive. In addition, the anomalies in the vaginal white discharge can also occur if you take antibiotics, steroids, contraception.
There might be certain serious diseases that cause vaginal white discharge and these can be enlisted as under:
- Ovarian cyst
- Bacterial infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea that mainly occurs due to unprotected sexual contact
- Vaginal Atrophy
- Certain single-celled parasites that happen to be transmitted during unprotected sex as they are known to cause Trichomoniasis.
- Pathologies that have happened in the cervix.
There are other factors that might not be related to the urinary system or the reproductive system, like that of diabetes.